Amarillo College Master Plan Initiative 2019 Forums Q&A Forum Amarillo College Master Plan Initiative 2019

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rodney Rieck 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

acmp3406
    Keymaster

Ask about the Master Plan Initiative here.

#574 Reply

Rodney Rieck

In the flyer you US mailed to us, and on this page at this site:

Financial Information

You wrote about the effect of the referendum on our property taxes. The examples are excluding “Homestead Exemption”, and including “$25,000 Homestead Exemption”.

Why is this done? I see no evidence of a “Homestead Exemption” for the Amarillo (Jr.) College Appraisal District. On this page at the Potter-Randall CAD:

Types of Exemptions

It shows there is no “Homestead Exemption” and only a $8600 aged 65 and over and/or disability exemption. There is a $25,000 Homestead Exemption for Amarillo ISD, but the appraisal districts for Amarillo ISD and Amarillo College appear to me to be completely different — at least I do pay separate taxes for these 2 appraisal districts (and I do not get a homestead exemption for Amarillo College).

So, why do you show a homestead exemption in your tax effect examples?

#579 Reply

Rodney Rieck

What a bust this forum has been. You ask for questions and discussion, but nobody is home to answer the questions. I know how I’ll vote.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Amarillo College Master Plan Initiative 2019
Your information: